Its Working!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Its Working!

OK so I bought this book and I like it, but it took some effort to get the examples to work. Here is what I did. It now compiles and runs.

1. Copy NxFoundation.dll and NxPhysics.dll to GameCode2\Bin (as opposed to the .lib files mentioned in the readme).

2. Added the code "using namespace std;" to line 12 in file DXUTMisc.h

3. Changed line 562 in Physics.cpp to BoxDesc.shapeFlags |= NX_TRIGGER_ON_ENTER | NX_TRIGGER_ON_LEAVE
    • RE: Its Working!

Nice job collapsing this into a single post - thanks!
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Strange... I only had to do #1 to get it to compile.

MrMike, #1 is a biggie. Good catch ssiva! I've attached a new 'readme_devsetup.txt' for your convenience to be incorporated into the source code on the next iteration. (had to zip this 4KB file as only zip attachments are allowed on this board)
    • not quite for me

Ok, so i've got all the SDK's and the code samples, and all the environment variables are set, however VS still wont complie the solution.

First, I could never find the NxFoundation.dll file referenced in the setup readme. Novodex.com no longer exists so i'm guessing the SDK is a little different now, is there somewhere else I could get this file?

Second, the errors I get say that the include files 'NxPhysics.h' and 'NxActor.h' could not be opened.

Any help would be appreciated.
      Thanks
    • Oh yeah, I think they recently changed the use of DLLs in the latest version of the SDK to only require NxPhysics.dll.

NxFoundation.dll does not exist in the latest SDK. That functionality was rolled up into NxPhysics.dll.

In fact, there were some major revisions in the latest version of NovodeX (released after the book was published) that change the way you initialize the physics system. For example, the only two dlls I am using in my NovodeX project using the latest SDK is NxPhysics.dll and NxCooking.dll.

One of these days, the GameCode2 Project will need to be updated to work with the most recent version of the SDK... this is a problem since that SDK seems to be in major flux, these days.