VS2013 and Solution/Project structure - SOLVED

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• VS2013 and Solution/Project structure - SOLVED

Hey all,

I want to follow the same directory structure that is outlined in the book, but one thing I noticed is that the source code has a nice clean folder that contains all of the Visual Studio generated files called "Msvc". I want to structure my folders like this, but I'm not sure how to move around the generated files. If I move them manually then theres always an error stating that something can't be found. This makes sense, but I don't know how to tell Visual Studio to look to the new location.

Also I noticed that the Solution Folders match up nicely with the Explorer folder structure, except that the precompiled header is inside of the Msvc folder in Explorer but in the root in the Solution Explorer. If I move the precomp header into a folder, can I still call it with

Source Code

1. ​#include "stdafx.h"
      or do I need

Source Code

1. ​#include "../Msvc/stdafx.h"
      ? The book source code doesn't have that with no errors, but intellisense has some issues with it on my own solution.