VS 2005 Compiler Errors :-(

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• VS 2005 Compiler Errors :-(

Hello, first off, I'd like to say the book (3rd Edition) is awesome. It has all the information that I felt I was missing.

Now, I am trying to build the source code, but it seems that I must be doing something wrong. I followed the 'ReadMe' file as much as I could, yet still I have some compilation errors. I am using VS 2005, WinXP, and DXSDK August 2009. If anybody could help me out I would be really thankful.

I apologize in advance for the long error log:

1>------ Skipped Build: Project: Lang, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
      1>Project not selected to build for this solution configuration
      2>------ Build started: Project: GameCode3, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
      2>Compiling...
      2>Physics.cpp
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\physics\physics.cpp(488) : error C2664: 'btDynamicsWorld::setInternalTickCallback' : cannot convert parameter 1 from 'void (__cdecl *)(btDynamicsWorld *const ,const btScalar)' to 'btInternalTickCallback'
      2> None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type
      2>Pathing.cpp
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2062: type 'float' unexpected
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before ';'
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2059: syntax error : '{'
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2334: unexpected token(s) preceding '{'; skipping apparent function body
      2>StateMachine.cpp
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2062: type 'float' unexpected
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before ';'
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2059: syntax error : '{'
      2>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2334: unexpected token(s) preceding '{'; skipping apparent function body
      2>GameCode.cpp
      2>Generating Code...
      2>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Documents and Settings\slewrate\My Documents\gamecode3\GameCode3\Obj\Debug\GameCode3\BuildLog.htm"
      2>GameCode3 - 19 error(s), 0 warning(s)
      3>------ Build started: Project: Editor, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
      4>------ Build started: Project: TeapotWars, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
      3>Linking...
      4>Compiling...
      3>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'gamecode3d.lib'
      4>TeapotStates.cpp
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2062: type 'float' unexpected
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before ';'
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2059: syntax error : '{'
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2334: unexpected token(s) preceding '{'; skipping apparent function body
      4>TeapotWars.cpp
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2062: type 'float' unexpected
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ')' before ';'
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2238: unexpected token(s) preceding ';'
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2059: syntax error : ')'
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2059: syntax error : '{'
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\ai\pathing.h(93) : error C2334: unexpected token(s) preceding '{'; skipping apparent function body
      4>d:\documents and settings\slewrate\my documents\gamecode3\gamecode3\source\teapotwars\teapotwars.cpp(638) : fatal error C1903: unable to recover from previous error(s); stopping compilation
      4>Generating Code...
      4>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Documents and Settings\slewrate\My Documents\gamecode3\GameCode3\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\BuildLog.htm"
      4>TeapotWars - 13 error(s), 0 warning(s)
      3>Build log was saved at "file://d:\Documents and Settings\slewrate\My Documents\gamecode3\GameCode3\Obj\Debug\Editor\BuildLog.htm"
      3>Editor - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
      5>------ Build started: Project: EditorApp, Configuration: Debug Any CPU ------
      5>EditorApp -> D:\Documents and Settings\slewrate\My Documents\gamecode3\GameCode3\test\EditorApp.exe
      ========== Build: 1 succeeded, 3 failed, 1 up-to-date, 1 skipped ==========