I got a job!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I got a job!

Hi! It's been a while since I posted here, because I have crunched the final school projects to get my degree. I have recently been going through a couple of job interviews as well, and I got a great job! :D

I'm going to move to England, to work for the game developer Free Radical Design, as a programmer. I'm really happy, and I can barely believe that I'm going to start working in the industry soon. 8o I thought it would be practically impossible to get a job at a game developer without any work experience, so I don't think that I have really understood that I actually got the job yet. ;)
      "There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some of the most popular are: Why are people born? Why do they die? Why do they want to spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches?"
      -Douglas Adams
    • Congratulations!!, i bet you are well chuffed. :) I haven't played any of their games myself, but they have good reviews. I think most of the games they make are for consoles...

....ok just checked their website, they make games for: PS2, XBOX, Game Cube and PS3...and a few for the PC.

The company is based in Nottingham, which is quite a big and lively city, I'm sure you will find plenty to do there. ;)
    • Thanks, yes it's great. I have been in Nottingham only briefly when I had my interview, and it seems to be a great city indeed. :))

And FRD was the first company that I applied to, I love their games. I'm really looking forward working with them.
      "There are of course many problems connected with life, of which some of the most popular are: Why are people born? Why do they die? Why do they want to spend so much of the intervening time wearing digital watches?"
      -Douglas Adams
    • That's awesome, man! Congratulations! What's the position? Tools? Gameplay? Engine? Something else?

-Rez
    • Thanks! The position is engine coding, working closely with a gameplay team. :D
      -Douglas Adams
    • congrats mate. that sort of news is something we usually only hope for coming out of a degree! ive just finished my first year in Computer Games Development in the UK, and that would be something of a dream to land a job like that. well done
      Gamertag - mimminito
      Halo 3
    • Originally posted by mimminito
      congrats mate. that sort of news is something we usually only hope for coming out of a degree! ive just finished my first year in Computer Games Development in the UK, and that would be something of a dream to land a job like that. well done

Yes, I am very lucky. It certainly is a dream job for me. :) But I'm sure you'll end up with a similar job if you just use the time in your studies efficiently, good luck!
      -Douglas Adams