Thoughts on ETC?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Thoughts on ETC?

So, I have been looking into the Video Game industry recently (with aspirations toward game development - so maybe this isn't the best forum for this question :/), and I was pointed to the Entertainment Technology Center at Carnegie Mellon University. It looks like a good program, with an emphasis on projects and experience in a team environment - and it looks especially appealing to me, since my academic background is not in CS or programming at all - but I am wondering if the program has any clout in the industry.

Has anyone here gone through the program, or known anyone who has? Does anyone have any idea what the reputation of such a program is? Also, in general, what might be the benefits or drawbacks of a more 'specialized' program rather than something more generic like computer science or programming or even computer engineering?

Thanks!
    • RE: Thoughts on ETC?

Carnegie Mellon has an excellent program - one of the very best in the United States.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot