Having trouble with PhysX. 2.7.2 SDK appears incompatible with GameCode 2.3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Having trouble with PhysX. 2.7.2 SDK appears incompatible with GameCode 2.3

I know GameCode ver 2.3 supports Physics SDK 2.3.1, but that version has since (evidently) been declared too deprecated as it isn't even available for download from Ageia anymore.

Also, while trying to get to the bottom of the compiler issues i've been having (primarily with the now seemingly lack of support for parameters such as NX_VISUALIZE_BODY_CONTACT_LIST, NX_VISUALIZE_BODY_LIN_FORCE, etc), I noticed a member of the NxSceneDesc class that Mr. Mike uses in the Physics.cpp file (a boolean collisionDectection variable) has evidently been dropped from the SDK altogether. The compiler complained that the member doesn't exist, I check the class specification and that boolean member indeed isn't there anymore.

Taking both that as well as the apparent like of support of the constant parameters I mentioned above into consideration, I think it may be safe to say GameCode ver. 2.3 is incompatible with PhysX SDK 2.7.x

I'm now wondering if anyone knows where I can download 2.3.1 or any other version that is confirmed to be compatible with the code. Obviously, until I can find one, i'm stuck as far as running the code with Physics.

The post was edited 1 time, last by binaryV ().

• RE: Having trouble with PhysX. 2.7.2 SDK appears incompatible with GameCode 2.3

Good grief we really should ditch Ageia - they just don't make previous versions of the SDK easilly available and they evolve their API so quickly it drives everyone nuts.

I'll start a new thread on this - and maybe we can get someone to help move GCC to a new physics engine.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot