Where to put the CProcess/CProcessManager source code?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where to put the CProcess/CProcessManager source code?

Hi, i'm fairly new to game code/architecture so I have to take it slow and cautiously to understand the code and architecture presented in the book.

I'm currently in Chapter 6 where the code for the implementations of the CProcess constructor/destructor, etc is presented. I'm rewriting the code as a I study it to help familiarize myself with it and I double check with GameCode ver. 2.3 to make sure i'm organizing the code the way Mr. Mike has but I don't see the actual implementation code anywhere in the source. Should I just write the code in a CProcess.cpp file or is it meant to be defined in child classes? I realize the latter possibility is probably unnecessary but again, i'm just being cautious and I wanna make sure i'm going through this code correctly to correctly understand it.
    • I don't have the book in front of me so I don't recall the exact details, but I think most of the functions are either simple inline accessors/mutators or they're virtual functions that are meant to implemented in sub-classes. Let me know if you moire clarification and I'll look at the book tonight.

-Rez
    • Well Mr. Mike placed all virtual function specifications as well as the inline functions in CProcess.h. After that, the source code is presented (in the book) for the CProcess constructor , destructor and other methods. However, I don't see that code anywhere in the GameCode version 2.3 source. There is no CProcess.cpp file, either which the logical place i'd think to put the code but again, I just being cautious and I wanna be sure thats where the code is meant to go.
    • I'm pretty sure the constructor and destructor are suppose to go into cpp files. It shouldn't cause any issues.

-Rez