TeapotWars App: Debug VS Release

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TeapotWars App: Debug VS Release

Hi guys! Been a while since my last post, as have been really busy applying for jobs, and with interviews and all sorts of things really.

Well, anyway, I've just been trying to run just the executable version of TeapotWars (including all zip file and graphics, DLL's, etc) on my brothers computer. What I realised was that the debug version ran exactly like it should do, whereas the release version was somewhat jumpy/jarry. They seem to work fine was a debugger's attached, but without it, just the release build is messed up.

Don't know if anyone else had the same problem? any ideas? I was thinking maybe it might be the compiler/linker settings?
      If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.
    • RE: TeapotWars App: Debug VS Release

I noticed the something similar - the FPS counter on the release version was showing some wacky number (1200 fps???) and yet there was no smoothness to the movement.

I suspect some problem with the calculation of frame time going into the physics system, but I haven't had time to track it down.

This happened when we upgraded from 2.2 to 2.3, which upgraded the PhysX library I think - so that would be a good place to start the bug hunt.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot