Hi

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello boys!

I haven't posted in a while so I thought I better get in here and say that I haven't forgotten you guys. Since I think I'm the only female member here, I thought better make sure you guys are on your best behavior.

Can I take the moment to say "Hi" to garbob, Rez, and kain (the quit one)? Oh yea and that otherg guy...ummmm...what his name again...oh yea, MrMike!

Wel, my project is on hold indefinitely, (I know, I see the tears in your eyes!) I haven't had much time do anything with my project, since I'm not sure what direction to take with it, maybe a game, or maybe some random graphics thingy. Hopefully someday I'll get an idea. In the meantime, I'm doing some traveling, reading books, and partying.

Oh yea, I gotta share something that happened the other day with you guys. I was sitting on my couch painting my toe nails, when I suddenly realized that my small left to toe never knew about my right small toe. I thought to myself, "You know these two little guys have never met each other." "Here they have been living on opposite sides of my feet all my life and they have never seen or known the existence of each other!" So, I stopped, put down my nail polish and I introduced my left little toe to my right little toe, and now they have become the best of friends. Isn't that cool!! My feet are much happier! I would recommend that when you go to bed tonight and you take off your socks, that you cordially invite your little toes to meet each other. Your feet will be much happier!

Okay, that's about all I have for now. More funny stuff later (or not).

Me
    • Hi Sabrina! I was beginning to wonder what happened to you. I thought we lost you to the dreaded "real world". Your project issues sound like Ratrace since I've been here; a lack direction can hurt a project pretty badly. Fortunately, we've hired a full-time designer whose entire job is to be the creative lead for the game and act as our voice of unity. If you're rich enough, I would suggest hiring your own personal designer. Maybe he can do your laundry too, and paint your toenails, and introduce your various body parts to other body parts. (I swear I didn't mean for that to sound like it did.)

You know, for being goth, I sure haven't painted myself very much....

-Rez
    • Sabrina! Good to hear from you again.

When you said you were the only girl - I got curious. Of the over 900 users on this site, only 17 are declared female....

I wonder why that is ?
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Programming seems to be a male dominated profession for whatever reason. There were a few sessions at GDC where there weren't any females at all. We only have one full time female employee at my work, and she does audio. Even stranger is that women tend to think in words, while men tend to think with pictures. This would suggest that women would make very good programmers.

-Rez
    • Words are a function of the left brain (sequential processing). Pictures are a function of the right brain (parallel processing). They say that the soul of a person lives in the right brain, but interaction with the outside world occurs through the left brain.

It has been proven that women and left handed people have better communication between the hemispheres due to a more developed corpus collosum.

It is for this reason that I believe that the ones to watch in the evolution of society are women and left handed people.

Sadly, I am not left handed.
    • I've got $5 that says Sabrina is left handed - and $10 that says she'll one day take over the planet.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Sabrina will rule over a world where the women lead, the left-handed men are used for breeding, and the right-handed men are slave labor. I say we start a resistance now! Either that or fake being left-handed....

-Rez
    • You know what you doing! Take off every Zig!

If you think that's funny, try going to Seoul Land - they have signs in English, but it's like a flashback to that game. "You were only imagined there for a moment...."

I think the nerdiness gene is recessive and stays near the baldness gene, so like baldness nerdiness afflicts males predominantly and appears to skip every other generation as well. Perhaps some genetics undergrad should look into this for a thesis project. I have known many non-nerdy intelligent people and many nerdy stupid people, so I don't think nerdiness is a direct corollary of intelligence....

And I fall way outside of the set of "people to watch," since I'm pure neanderthal maile - one of those undercover geeks who gets really odd looks when he says anything about science.

We should have a talk with those guys who decided Pluto isn't actually a planet, while we're about it
      "Your job is not to die for your country. Your job is to make some other poor sod die for his."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nebuchadnezzar ().