Is this book still in print

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RE: Is this book still in print

That's terrible - I'll check with my publisher immediately to see what's up.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • I've seen it in Austin TX and San Jose CA - both at Barnes and Noble.
      Mr.Mike
    • Hey there -

The book is still in print - but currently out of stock at Amazon.com. Paraglyph is getting some new stock printed as we speak - so give it a couple of weeks and you should see it back.

Until then, I can usually find a copy at Barnes & Noble, whereever I go - but that is a US chain, I think.
      Mr.Mike
    • Hello,

I also need to order the book!!

"Amazon.co.uk - estimated dispatch date: 4-6 weeks"
      -I can't wait that long!

So I hoped to order it internationally...
      but everywhere I looked... it was out of stock.. (including barnesandnoble.com)

Oh... can you believe that someone is selling the book on Amazon.co.uk marketplace for...
      £213.65 Used - Very Good

Talk about inflating the price... -_-"

I hope they become available soon...

The post was edited 2 times, last by Saiyan ().

• I've seen a price in the US for $299 - I'm sure it's a mistake...
      Mr.Mike
    • The book is out of stock at Amazon? That strikes me as being a good problem for Mike to have..... Like "Oh man, I have too much money to fit into my wallet". ;) You're a hit, man! Now you can retire and just write books. Screw this game programming thing, become the next best selling author!

-Rez
    • Hello,

I found 'Game Coding Complete 2nd ed' on
      ecampus.com
      @ £32.59 ($63.84)

The book itself costs £16.95 ($33.29)... the rest of the cost goes towards the international p&p fee.

I guess the price is fine... (on amazon.co.uk it's priced at a discounted price of £29.44 from £30.99)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Saiyan ().

• yea its on there but they do mention this little thing " This item is temporarily unavailable from the publisher, but is expected in soon. Place your order now and we will ship it as soon as it arrives." which is what amazon were telling me for 4 months before they gave up on my order and gave me back my cash.
    • It was apparently in stock yesterday... but today I received an email..

"Thank you for shopping at ecampus.com On your recent order, number ******* we were unable to complete your request for the following item due to a change in availability with our supplier: ISBN: 1932111913 Item Name: Game Coding Complete Price: $33.29 Quantity: 1 This item has been cancelled from your order. You will not be billed for this title, as it is our policy to only bill when an item ships from our Distribution Center. Please continue to check our website for updated information about the availability of this item. We hope to have a new supplier for this item very soon. Thank you, ecampus.com"

and yup... they've updated their stock information about the product on their website =/

I guess i'll just have to place an order at my universities waterstone.

:( so sad.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Saiyan ().

• The Hunt For Game Coding Complete

Hi Mike (and everyone else)

I too have been looking for either copies of the first edition, and have tried all the usual online retailers like Amazon:

amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/19…p_g_1/002-6400177-2992855

And somehow, the book is selling for hundreds. No joke. 200$ and 400$ - and that price is used!

Oreilly ( oreilly.com/catalog/1932111913/index.html ) seem to have it for a fair price, but don't state if it is in stock or not.

Even tried eBay, where it was for sale (219$ buy it now price.)

Just an idea, Mike, have you considered selling an "E-book" version from your website?

The hunt continues...
      -B.
    • Getting a hold of the Second Edition.

Mark,

I tried Waterstones back in September of last year (2006) and got a reply in December saying that they couldn't get a copy of it. BTW don't Waterstones own Amazon or is it the other way round. Anyway, I just thought that you should know don't get your hopes up.

Cheers.
    • RE: Getting a hold of the Second Edition.

I'm sorry everyone is having such a hard time getting the book - I've communicated this to my publisher and they have informed be that they are printing a new batch and it should be available soon. If I get a street date for you I'll certainly let you know!

Until then, you have my thanks for being patient. I'm sure you'll find the book worth waiting for.
      Mr.Mike
    • It seems to me that in general it is VERY hard to get hold of ANY game programming related books in the UK.

Mostly NONE of the new CRM / Course PTR books are available here in the UK. I've never seen any of the latest Game Gems in the shops let alone being available on amazon.co.uk.

In many ways, I wish you could approach the author and paypal them $40 and they send you a PDF or .DOC !