Help - Need coders!!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Help - Need coders!!

[SIZE=5]Help - I need some coders to assist me in my project![/SIZE]

[SIZE=2]I am currently working on a new project for the PC Gaming community and could use some coders to assist me.

If you have any knowledge in C++ or Visual Basic 2005, please contact me at
      [/SIZE] finalgroundz@yahoo.com

[SIZE=2]I will give who ever is willing to help a free copy of Dev Bloodshed C++, Visual Basic 2005, Dark Basic Pro, Blitz 3D, and 3D Studio Max...[/SIZE]
      Why do many wish to "Die" and go to heaven but fear "Living" and going to hell?
    • RE: Help - Need coders!!

Originally posted by RandomNickname
      I'm sure those are legitimate copies of those dev tools that you're giving away for free, right?

I know you're not offering pirated copies of software to people on here.... ;)

Why would I post a public announcement offering something illegal? That's like stealing something, only to turn around and try to sell it back to the person you stole it from..

Plus Dev Bloodshed C++ is free open source software... Opened to the public under the GPL License!
    • But of course Dark Basic Pro, Visual Basic 2005, Blitz 3D, and 3D Studio Max are, naturally, very expensive. I could go on here, but why would we really want to help you if you can't even get it straight that the tools you're offering which are "free" are in fact "not"?
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .
    • Originally posted by Tarviathun
      But of course Dark Basic Pro, Visual Basic 2005, Blitz 3D, and 3D Studio Max are, naturally, very expensive. I could go on here, but why would we really want to help you if you can't even get it straight that the tools you're offering which are "free" are in fact "not"?

No, they aren't free to just go and download off there web sites.. But I got extra copies that I have been supplied with. and no they aren't pirated versions, so if you don't know don't reply.. You are sounding really ignorant right now!

If you aren't interest then skip on to the next thread and ignore it, it's that simple!

P.S. Visual Basic 2005 Express edition is available for free to... So maybe you should do some research and find the right sources before you start blabbing of at the mouth!!

The post was edited 1 time, last by FinalGroundz ().

• It's a program for PC that works kind of like a game console.

When playing games on PC, you have to locate the game files which you are going to play, then execute the .exe file... Then to play a different game, repeat the whole process to get to the next game... Yeah you can save a whole bunch of shortcut icons to get to the game quicker but lets face it, it clutters up your desktop screen and makes your workspace look really sloppy.. And even then, you can only save so many icons on the screen....

This program works much like the Xbox dashboard allowing you to organize your games, save game stats, get up to date automatic updates, download media, and have a online gamer tag.

The game organization system consists of a drop down category list.

example: Lets say you have 10 FPS (First Person Shoot) games, instead of tracking down the .exe file of each game... In the drop down list pick FPS and it'll bring up all 10 FPS games. Pick the game you want to execute, and wha-la... The game comes up, when done playing the game instead of returning you back to the desktop screen... It'll return you back into the console where you can pick another game to play, or any other function of the program!

• Thanks anyways, but it's always better if you have a variety of options, I hadn't heard about that feature for vista but thanks for your input!
    • Originally posted by Turing
      I'm not sure if your idea is such a good one at this time, because Microsoft has developed already such a thing for Windows Vista.

Anyway I wish you good luck!

I've done some research on what you described, what Windows Vista have developed is nothing like my program... What you are talking about is the search tool that allows you to look up files on your PC by typing in the name, description or date the file was saved and it'll bring up the closest files that match what you searched...

My program is for games only, and it doesn't search for files, once the files are installed it puts them in the category in which the game description falls under.

My program, is more like the Xbox dashboard.. but for PC, it allows you to get automatic updates to games, and to the program it self... It also allows you to download games, game add-ons like maps, characters and weapons... Ability to sign up for online play, where you can send and receive mail, add friends to friend list, and play online....
    • Also - that sounds a little like Steam from Valve.

That's not to say that something like Steam couldn't be improved upon - but it is pretty cool...
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Originally posted by Tarviathun
      Actually, Turing is right: microsoft.com/windowsvista/experiences/gaming/access.mspx

Okey, thanks for the right direction, but still I'd say that it's a quite plain program and doesn't really offer more than my program, but as I said options are always better just like Paint Pro, Photo Shop Pro... Dreamweaver, Front Page..

Windows will always have competitors...
    • Originally posted by mrmike
      Also - that sounds a little like Steam from Valve.

That's not to say that something like Steam couldn't be improved upon - but it is pretty cool...

Yeah, it sounds a lot like Steam, but Steam has to many annoying pop up advertisements, they are all about money.. Every step of there program there is a fee for it!!

Only thing that is free is the program it self and that's only because they want to have to buy everything else in order to make use of the program.....

• Could you go into more detail about exactly what you need from us? This looks like something you could easily do in a day or two using C# (or something similar). It's basically a GUI wrapper around shortcuts to games, right? You have a bunch of categorized menu items that simply link to games that have been installed on the system. Am I missing something?

-Rez
    • No,

It also has an auto updating system.
      A downloading system.
      A emailing system.
      User Profile system.

Yeah, it probably could be done in a day.. But would be really sloppy, and I don't wanna sit at a computer for 24 hours a day....
    • Still, iIt sounds like a pretty small project. Even with those features, you could probably crank it out in a week. Even if it takes 2 - 4 weeks, it's probably easier to just do it yourself. I can tell you from personal experience that people tend to flake out. I'm not trying to discourage you, I'm just telling you what I've experienced. :)

That having been said, I'd be happy to answer any questions you might have during implementation.

-Rez
    • Thanks, If I have a problem or get stuck some where along the line I'll probably be in touch..

But yeah, I would agree it would probably be best for me to do it my self...
    • i agree with you rez.

also, it sounds like there are already tools out there for the kinds of things you are talking about groundz. gamespy comes to mind.

anyway, you should probably get some type of design/website/plan/something together before asking for devs. people, (me at least), tend to shy away from posts advertising projects which appear to have no focused direction. i've been on a few, and they usually just fizzle out.

now i'm not trying to discourage you, just offer some advice.

also.... i don't think it's very wise to say you are giving away copies of licensed software. even if you paid for it, i'm pretty sure you can't just transfer it to someone.

all that being said, good luck with you're project.
    • Originally posted by MukRaker
      i agree with you rez.

also, it sounds like there are already tools out there for the kinds of things you are talking about groundz. gamespy comes to mind.

anyway, you should probably get some type of design/website/plan/something together before asking for devs. people, (me at least), tend to shy away from posts advertising projects which appear to have no focused direction. i've been on a few, and they usually just fizzle out.

now i'm not trying to discourage you, just offer some advice.

also.... i don't think it's very wise to say you are giving away copies of licensed software. even if you paid for it, i'm pretty sure you can't just transfer it to someone.

all that being said, good luck with you're project.

I'm not offering a copy of a version that I have already registered, These are copies that have not been used at all.. I have my own for my use!