why can't use no-physics debug

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• why can't use no-physics debug

Hi all,

I downloaded the latest source code 2.2 and rebuild it in VC++2003 with the latest DirexctX. It reported me two things:
      NxPhysic.h and NxActor.h can not be found
      LINK1104: gamecode2d.lib can not be opened

I guess it because I don;t have NXPhysicx SDK. So I went to the Properties and chose No-physics debug and click OK. When I went into the property again, the debug is still "Active(debug)". no change happend at all.

How to solve the above problem?

Cheers
    • RE: why can't use no-physics debug

Try changing the "Active Solution Configuration" through the drop down on your menu - or you should be able to do it through the Build -> Configuration Manager menu selection, and setting the Active Solution Configuration dropdown...

At least, that's how to set it with VS.NET 2003 - I haven't upgraded yet (so lame....so lame).
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot

Dude, you haven't upgraded to 2005? I'm curious why not.... is it a lack of time/energy or is there a specific reason?

-Rez

Heh - no reason at all, really.

I haven't been doing much programming at home since the 2nd edition got published - so I haven't spent the bucks on upgrading.
      Mr.Mike

Originally posted by mrmike
      Heh - no reason at all, really.

I haven't been doing much programming at home since the 2nd edition got published - so I haven't spent the bucks on upgrading.

I'm curious, does Breakaway Games use 2005, or are you guys still on 2003?

-Rez

We're about to switch over to 2005 - you gotta have that if you are doing any Xbox360 work...
      Mr.Mike

Nice! I think that's why we ended up switching. We had just switched (like, days ago) when I joined the company, so I wasn't apart of the decision making process.

-Rez
    • Hah! It took until now for my school to adopt VS2005. Currently, we've got VC6, VS .NET 2003, and VS2005. What's more, is that certain professors use different either 03 or 05. One of our profs doesn't like the fact that Microsoft took it upon themselves to mark the standard C library as deprecated, and therefore uses .NET 03. Others love 05. Ah well, such is life I guess.

Still, not sure why we've got VC6 installed. . . ugh.
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .
    • You should be happy you even got an IDE. When I was in college, we used the DOS Edit program to write Assembly code and the MASM command-line assembler to build it. We didn't have F7 to build & link (or Ctrl-B for you new-wave follk).

I think I just visibly aged by telling that story...

-Rez
    • Real men code in VIM . . .

Well, at least that's what my producer keeps saying. I think he's lying to me. He also wrote a Brainfuck .NET compiler. But this is another story.
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .