Renderware headache

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Renderware headache

Why I hate Renderware, reason 462:
      The screenshot function doesn't work in 16-bit color mode at all, it throws an exception. This is particularly stupid because the screenshot function just takes the current camera raster and writes it to a file. Since it's able to render in 16-bit mode, why can't it save the file? Ack!

Also, we're beta in about two weeks, which is why you haven't heard from me in a while. Incidently, if anyone has a little girl around 7+ years old who loves Barbie and lives in the San Francisco Bay Area, we do need play testers. PM me if you're interested.

-Rez
    • RE: Renderware headache

Rez - don't tell me you are scouring the streets of SF for seven year old girls.

That's wrong, man. Very very wrong.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • But everyone knows you can't find 7 year old girls in SF . . .
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .
    • My army of 7-year old girls grows ever stronger by the minute. Soon, we will take over the world, replacing all the major world leaders with members of our pink elite. Sports will be replaced by Extreme Gossiping and Speed Outfit Changing. Words like "fabulous", "like", "totally", and "to the max" will be incorporated into our constitution. "Like, we totally secede from England and stuff, to the max!" Shopping malls will spread like a computer virus, infecting every town and city in the world, all with nothing but designer stores. Wearing the same outfit twice will be punishable by death. Fear the new order that I will create, and start planning your future outfits now.

General of the Pink Elite,
      -Rez
    • Don't forget that in addition to the death penalty for wearing the same outfit twice wearing any outfit longer than 6 hours will be punishable by flogging.

Father of two 6+year-old girls...

Rich
      "Your job is not to die for your country. Your job is to make some other poor sod die for his."
    • hahahahaha!

I was going to say something clever about being able to bypass the problem if Renderware exposes the DirectDraw surface for you to manually copy, but now I want my own army of Pink Elites.

Thanks for sharing that, Rez.... about the Pink Elites, that is.
    • Dare I say this is an example of game testing gone right . . . ?
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .