Im writing my first game.....

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• dont have much to update yet ( as if anyone is attentivley waiting :P ). Next few weeks involve me going insane tring to find a new job and a place to live. I've also been checking out ZBrush. It turns out that this is a tool that I've needed all along without knowing it. Its absolutley an incredible tool, both for texturing and modeling. Its a bit to get used to it, but a few tutorials and your on your way.
      I ended up looking for it, because I wanted to know how developers making gears of war and ut2007 were getting so much detail into their models. I think this is probably the tool they use, along side with maya. You can get phenominal detail into a mesh, export the normal maps, displacement maps, and hi-res texture maps. I really cant say enough about it.

Hope to post more soon.

-Stellar
    • I know my model still needs allot of work. right now Im pretty tired of working on it, but I really like the design so much, I may build a higher detail model and try to do some real texturing. As for this game version model, Im still not done the texture, its mostly just some base paint. It really has a long way to go.

check the first textured model

Later,
      -Stellar
    • Looking good. I like the design of the ship a lot, I have to say. Wish I could model like that.

One thing, I would suggest about your site, and this may just be me. I didn't realize at first that the newest news posts were at the bottom of the page. I suggest inverting the date sorting, so that the top of the page is the newest post. I dunno, it's a suggestion.
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .