Is Wii a Good Name?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Is Wii a Good Name?

Is Wii a Good Name? 18
        It rocks! (2) 11%
        It's ok. (5) 28%
        It could be better. (6) 33%
        I can't decide. (0) 0%
        No way. Has Nintendo gone crazy? (5) 28%
      It's time for the denizens of GCC forum to weigh in. Is Wii a good name?
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Well, in my opinion it is an original and unconventional name but that doesn't necessarily means is a good one.
      I don't like the way it sounds.

Maybe in the future it will be a new standard for console naming.
      Or maybe Nintendo wants to show something (a console completely different from the rest?)
    • RE: Is Wii a Good Name?

Revolution was a better name for the thing if you ask me. I think they've done some cool things with it.
      Are those things good enough to own one, no, but I would play it if my nephew's got one or something :)

I'm an XBox fan and love my 360. If it weren't so expensive I'd consider a Playstation 3. The next metal gear looks killer.

At first I didn't like it - but now I realize that EVERYONE is talking about it, because of the dumb name. That means it it brilliant.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Originally posted by Larrik
      Only Sega can name systems.

I mean, X-Box, 360, Playstation, Nintendo Entertainment System, Nintendo64, GameCube... these are all TERRIBLE names!

Look at dreamcast and its huge sucess
      /sarcasm

We love you dreamcast. Rest in peace.
      .Code
      push you ; haha!

The post was edited 1 time, last by DarkPenguin ().

Originally posted by mrmike
      At first I didn't like it - but now I realize that EVERYONE is talking about it, because of the dumb name. That means it it brilliant.

I totally agree; everyone here certainly is.

Dude, Mike...... that's you 666th post. ;)

-Rez
    • I thought it was extremely stupid when I first heard it but once you' ve heard all the jokes and start talking about it you quickly get used to it.

The Revolution could never have been the name for the console. From a marketing position Revolution would have turned off the non-gamers that the Wii is trying to get to.
    • Well, I do like the one syllable thing, and not having any numbers to memorize leaves more room in my brain for abstract Family Guy references. Very crafty of nintendo to concoct a name that sounds like an expression of elation. Next on the queue, the Sony Wowthisisfun!