My Freshman Game

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• My Freshman Game

So, met El Senior Mike at the E3 and had some awesome breakfast at the Pantry. Anyways, he mentioned I should link my freshman game here, so here it is.

This was done over the course of a year, worked on by a team of 6 guys, four of which knew what they were doing. So, it is now called Contra Mundum, it's a cross between Fire Emblem and FF: Tactics. Oh yes, and it's done entirely using the standard ASCII character set. If it doesn't run well, try using the OpenGL renderer which can be found under options. So yeah, let me know how you like it.

digitalannex.net/users/palin/Contra%20Mundum%20Setup.exe
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .
    • RE: My Freshman Game

Dude this game rocks. The only beef i have is the lack of soundtrack and some control stuff like scrolling with the keybaord but having to use the mouse. This game is super fun and i love the dialog. I hope one day i can make a game as awesome as this one.
      .Code
      push you ; haha!
    • Haha, good to hear it. Make me glad that someone other than myself likes it too, heh. As far as the mouse scrolling, we didn't want to lock the mouse to the console window, simply because when we did that, it more confused people as to why they had to alt-tab out of a windowed DOS console to continue whatever they're doing after they fired up our game.

The lack of soundtrack wasn't anything that we wanted, it simply was that we didn't have the time. I had about 3 more tracks that were half-way done when we had to finish it up, so they never got put in there. Although, I am a bit proud of the theme, lol.

Thanks for the compliments.
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .