So, who's going to E3?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So, who's going to E3?

Well, gents, I have stumbled upon a pass to E3. It's a general pass, which means just the show floor, but I'd imagine that a few of you are still going to be there. If so, I'd love to meet you all and say hello. If you are going to be there, I'd ask where you'd be, if you know that yourself, heh.
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .
    • RE: So, who's going to E3?

I'll be going for sure.

Whoever's going let's meet for a Starbucks or something - or perhaps some breakfast at The Pantry right down the street. Yum.

Then let's go play some games - hopefully the new Guitar Hero will be there!!!!
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • We're probably going to be demoing Barbie Diaries at E3, but I doubt it'll be me doing it, hehe. Either Mattell or our Executive Producer will do it. Look for Super-Ego Games. :) I'll see whether or not they're going to send us and let you all know.

Mike, I didn't figure you for a Guitar Hero player. I would have thought you'd perfer the real thing. ;)

-Rez
    • Starbucks or the Pantry sounds awesome. Just let me know when and where, I should be in LA for the whole of the week so I'm pretty flexible about timing. I do have to leave on the 13th or 14th though, so during or before E3 would be best for me.
      Feel you safe and secure in the protection of your pants . . . but one day, one day there shall be a No Pants Day and that shall be the harbinger of your undoing . . .
    • Dood I sound a LOT better on Guitar Hero than the real thing!

I do own two acoustic Epiphones - which actually sound great when someone who knows what they are doing is actually playing....
      Mr.Mike
    • The first time I saw Guitar Hero, they were playing Smoke on the Water and I felt.... old. I had to keep myself from saying "Back in my day, the guitars had strings!"

While we're on the subject, here's my guitar:
      bleachkitty.com/images/bucket/guitar.jpg

And my amps:
      bleachkitty.com/images/bucket/amps.jpg

And one of my bass' (plus natural hair color -- yuck!)
      bleachkitty.com/_me/view.cgi?image=bass

Congratulations Larrik! If you ever make it down to GDC or some other event, maybe you can bring one and we can jam. You too Mike (or anyone, really). I keep an emergency bass & amp here at the office, so I'm covered.

-Rez
    • Hahahah! Okay, I will tell you exactly what I tell everyone else... it's just as interesting making Delia the goth chick interact with the world as it is to make Barbie's best friend Courtney interact with the world. :P

There is a movie coming out pretty soon that you may have seen commercials for called Barbie Diaries. There's a whole toy line you can buy as well. Check out a Toys R Us or other toy store, or go to barbie.com. We're doing the game for that. Here are some random screenshots, but we're in pre-alpha so there's a lot of programmer art. "Outside" and "Computer Lab" are the most recent ones I believe.
      bleachkitty.com/images/barbie

It's certainly not as sexy as Rat Race (bleachkitty.com/images/ratrace), but it's still a blast to work on. :)

-Rez
    • I should start a Guitar Hero thread somewhere, and a "No really, Barbie IS cool" thread!!!

How is everyone with meeting for breakfast at Wednesday morning? Say 9:30 or so?

If it's a crowd of 6 or less, let's meet at the Pantry (a few block N of the Staples Center on Fig)

6 or more, and we should find somewhere else....

So RSVP and I'll set the place on Monday!
      Mr.Mike
    • One word for you Mike: Magnadoodle. ;)

I won't be going this year, we're too close to alpha. If you happen to see anyone from Super-Ego Games, tell them hi from Rez. :)

On a side note, can anyone tell me why I just saw two functions with the exact same body? It's time to take a weed-wacker tot he Prereeq class! Time to go home for the night I think.

-Rez
    • I'm up for going. Mike, not sure if you've made the reservations or anything already, or if anyone's going at all, but in any case, I'd definately love to be there.

And as far as guitars go, I have an acoustic Honer, all maple. It's an all blond guitar, which means that it sounds a lot better on the higher notes than it does on the bass end. And I know enough to look like I know what I'm doing, heh, although I have no idea how to read music or anything about keys. Just watch music videos and other people playing and try out the notes that they do.
    • DOOD MAGNADOODLE WAS TOTALLY F-ING GREAT!!!! Anyone that played it knows....

Ok - so now that that is out of my system...

Wednesday, Breakfast.
      I LOVE the Pantry - but it may be tough to meet there. Anyone who wants to meet me there - let's say 9:30 - send me a PM and I'll give you my cell phone number so we can hook up.
      Mr.Mike