Compile Problems

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Compile Problems

Ok,

I got the latest source, and have AGies installed.

I get four errors. My folders were not set up quite like th eread me text.

After you download and install the SDK - you MUST follow these steps to get things working:
      1. Copy the "PhysX SDK 2.3.1\SDKs" folder as your "GameCode\Source\3rdParty\PhysX" folder
      2. Copy "PhysX SDK 2.3.1\Bin\win32\PhysXLoader.dll" to the "GameCode\Bin" directory
      3. Copy "PhysX SDK 2.3.1\Bin\win32\PhysXCore.dll" to the "GameCode\Bin" directory

To number 1; I dont have the SDKs folder

No 2 was good

and number 3, my PhysXCore.dll was in the bin directory, I dont have a win32 folder

Heres my output, help please.

Mike, Programmer in Training

------ Build started: Project: DXUT, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

DXUT - up-to-date.

------ Build started: Project: GameCode2, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
      PhysicsStream.cpp
      c:\Projects\GameCode v2.2\Source\Physics\PhysicsStream.cpp(7) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'NxPhysics.h': No such file or directory
      PhysicsEventListener.cpp
      c:\Projects\GameCode v2.2\Source\Physics\PhysicsEventListener.cpp(45) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'NxActor.h': No such file or directory
      Physics.cpp
      c:\Projects\GameCode v2.2\Source\Physics\Physics.cpp(53) : fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'NxPhysics.h': No such file or directory
      Generating Code...

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Projects\GameCode v2.2\Obj\Debug\GameCode2\BuildLog.htm"
      GameCode2 - 3 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: Lang, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
      stdafx.cpp
      Lang.cpp
      Compiling resources...
      Linking...

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Projects\GameCode v2.2\Obj\Debug\Lang\BuildLog.htm"
      Lang - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

------ Build started: Project: TeapotWars, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------

Compiling...
      TeapotWarsView.cpp
      TeapotWars.cpp
      TeapotEvents.cpp
      TeapotController.cpp
      Generating Code...
      Compiling resources...
      Linking...
      LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'gamecode2d.lib'

Build log was saved at "file://c:\Projects\GameCode v2.2\Obj\Debug\TeapotWars\BuildLog.htm"
      TeapotWars - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

---------------------- Done ----------------------

Build: 2 succeeded, 2 failed, 0 skipped
    • RE: Compile Problems

Looks like you should upgrade to 2.2 of the source! Look at the parent forum to this forum...
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • eibonscroll does have the right source.

That's very strange that you don't have the SDKs folder in your PhysX install. It's almost as if we have different versions of the SDK, but that would be weird, as I'm guessing you have version 2.3.1 like I do. Your compile errors stem from this problem.

Are you using version 2.3.1 of PhysX?

As a quick workaround, you can also build just the NoPhysics-Debug configuration just to get it running.
    • Hi,

Thanks for the replys,

Yes I do have the latest source, and I got the same PsyX I believe.

Ill have to try to hack it later by changing the search paths or something. I'm not really sure where to start though.

Mike
    • ok, for some reason, that "SDKs" folder exists for me and not for you. When I installed the PhysX SDK, it created the following folder:
      C:\Program Files\PhysX SDK 2.3.1\SDKs

Inside this folder are other folders: Cooking, Docs, Foundation, lib, NxCharacter, NxExtensions, Physics, and PhysXLoader.

Hopefully, this is a simple matter of a renamed folder, somehow. Let me know if this is the case. I'd really like to know what happened.