Link error

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• TeapotWars fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'dxutd.lib'

This is the only error I get. Im not sure where this Lib is. I looked in the direct x folder on my drive and its not in with the other libraries. Is it supposed to be or is it built during compile or something.

Im a student so forgive my ignorance.
    • Hi,

We're actually working on an update that should resolve this. That link error comes from not having a build profile for the NoPhysics-Debug Version that you are trying to build.

Here is a temporary workaround:
      1. Switch to the plain debug build
      2. right-click on the DXUT project and build only that project. This should ensure the existence of dxutd.lib.
      3. Switch back to that NoPhysics-Debug build profile and build the full solution.

Let us know if that doesn't work. The update should be posted very soon.
    • Good luck. McShaffry is currently out of town on business, and he'll be back sometime next week. So you can either do the physics install stuff yourself or wait for McShaffry to post the update that fixes the issues with the latest AGEIA SDK. If you choose the self-help path, then you know where we live

... in the machine.