Need a little help with Physics Engine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Need a little help with Physics Engine

I am trying to compile with the latest Physics engine from Aegis which is the same as the Novodex engine. I have 3 errors I can't get rid of.

Physics.cpp line 224. There is no longer a class NxUserDebugRenderer

Physics.cpp line 714. Visualize is not a member of NxScene.

Physics.cpp line 715. Visualize is not a member of NxPhysicsSDK

Any suggestions?
    • It seems that the AGEIA PhysX SDK has changed again. The API seems to change about once every six months or so :(

Please stand by as we update the latest codebase to compensate for the changes. Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Since we're all volunteers, we'll get to this whenever we have some free cycles.

If you don't feel like waiting for us, you can check the documentation for the AGEIA PhysX SDK, and see if they've replaced their previous "Nx" prefix with something else as a result of the name change from NovodeX to PhysX. In addition to a change in prefix, they may have consolidated some of those objects, such as XXDebugRenderer and XXScene under some other organization.

To be continued...

The post was edited 2 times, last by Kain ().

• phsx sdk 2.3.1

I have a readme for installing Novodex correctly, but the dls it asks for do not come, as I can see with the new sdk

Are they built by it? or is there another way to link this

Mike
    • PhysXLoader.dll is included with the latest version of the SDK and that is the only required DLL. You'll be moving this to the bin directory once you find it.

PhysXLoader.lib are NxCooking.lib also supplied by the latest SDK and are required to be linked to TeapotWars. You'll be making edits to Physics.cpp to have lines like

Source Code

1. #pragma comment(lib, "PhysXLoader" )
      to link the proper libs. In your TeapotWars project properties, Linker->General->Additional Library Directories, you'll have to make sure the proper directory for the lib files is mapped. In the upcoming release, that directory will assume that you place the SDK in the 3rdParty sub directory and rename the folder to PhysX. Result:
      $(SolutionDir)\3rdParty\PhysX\lib\win32