Visual Studio 6 Build?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Visual Studio 6 Build?

Is there any way I can build the source in visual studio 6? Maybe convert the VS7 solution file to a VS6 workspace somehow? If not, I will probably just make a new VS6 project and add all the source to it.

BTW, I do own a copy of VS .NET 2003 Academic Edition, still in its shiny plastic wrapping. I haven't had reason to install it, but I suppose I could if there is no other way...
    • suggestions

I dealt with this problem a bit a while ago...

the main thing is you have to remove the directx sample framework (dxut). this means you have to set up the device yourself and everything. the sample framework depends on some windows sdk files that are incompatible with v.6

good luck!
      (Place cool Signature here)
    • RE: suggestions

Sorry but I don't understand what you're referring to (wrong thread maybe?). VS .NET locks up hard during the file copying phase of installation.

I read on MS's Knowledge Base that it may have something to do with ZoneAlarm, which I use. So I disabled that, rebooted (with machine disconnected from network of course!) and tried again. Still locks.

Next I downloaded and installed the latest .NET framework again and tried to install once more. Still locks.

As the MSKB article suggests, it has something to do with the installer attempting to stop and start certain services and failing to do so. Beyond that I have no clue. (I am running as admin in Win2k so all services should start uninhibited).

I have not found much help through Google. Will keep trying because I would really like to be able to try the code from this book. Any suggestions are welcome.