Microsoft Patents XML Script Automation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• RE: Microsoft Patents XML Script Automation

Microsoft is on a patent binge - they've been filing patents like crazy on things for the last few years. I wonder when the legal challenges will start - and from who?

That's one problem with the open source community - they can't really act as a single voice and defend anything legally...perhaps someone should set up a legal defense fund for open source solutions to open source systems - like XML.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • RE: Microsoft Patents XML Script Automation

I dont understand how you can patent something as vague as XML. It seems that according to the patent rules you can patent the english language and charge people 50 cents everytime they use it.

Government: taking away your freedoms since 2000.
      .Code
      push you ; haha!

The post was edited 1 time, last by DarkPenguin ().

• I can't seriously imagine half of their patents will hold up in court when it comes to the open source community. I'm currently in the process of laying out requirements for my game engine which will be released under the GPL and I'm not taking any of them into consideration. If they really want to get me on it they'll come get me up here anyways though I'm sure they'd be laughed right out of court.

"What's you plea?"
      "I have no money? 8o"

I agree with you DarkPenguin...how in the world can you patent plain text in a tagged format...what's next HTML?

Permafried-