Chapter 8: Programming Input Devices

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Chapter 8: Programming Input Devices

Page #246: The X=0 and Y=0 legend text fields should probably switch locations (Y=0 identifies the X axis).

Page #247: Should the "input.y < actualDeadZone" check use the absolute value of input.y? If so, then the subsequent normalizedY variable initialization should also use fabs(input.y).

Page #247: Inconsistent use of the 'f' suffix. The normalizedY initialization implicitly uses a 1.0 double constant in an operation that would otherwise just be done at float precision.

Page #249: It appears the second equation should have just 'c' on the right-hand side, not sqrt(c).

Page #250: Splinter Cell, not Splinter Cel :)

Page #250: What's up with squaring elapsedTime in the acceleration calculation? Won't that result in a maximum speed reached too early (before the 2 seconds are up)?

The post was edited 2 times, last by APoulos ().

• Uh no, that's a good old fashioned spelling error.

Copyright infringement would be me uploading the installs for Splinter Cell and letting you download them.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Hey there - I fixed all these problems for the third edition.

Btw - I squared the elapsed time to create a more natural "feel" to the ramp - at least for the particular thing I was ramping at the time.....
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot