Using VS 6.0 instead of VS.NET

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Using VS 6.0 instead of VS.NET

I am trying to compile the source code in Visual Studio 6.0, and there seems to be a missing file
      called "types.h". I have tried several differnt "types.h"
      that I have found on my computer but none seem to solve the problem.

Source Code

1. #if defined (_MSC_VER) && (_MSC_VER < 1300)
      2. #include "types.h"
      3. #else
      4. #ifdef _DEBUG
      5. #undef _DEBUG
      6. #include <atltypes.h> // for CSize, CPoint and CRect - it's all inline.
      7. #define _DEBUG
      8. #else
      9. #include <atltypes.h>
      10. #endif
      11. #endif
      Display All

If anyone could comment on this piece of code, or the problem I'm having, I would be ecstatic.

Jeremy
    • Hmm...try changing #include "types.h" to #includes "sys/types.h"

Have you applied the latest patches to Visual Studio?

Make sure the other types.h you tried aren't still sticking around messing things up for you.

Sorry if my advice is weak, I haven't tried actually compiling Mike's stuff yet (I'm programming in Linux mostly right now, and I just looked at his source code instead).

BTW, Mike, I'm using your Random class (well, not directly), and it's pretty badass.
      -Larrik Jaerico

www.LarrikJ.com
    • No, I have tried that #include <sys/types.h> that comes with MSVC++ and it does not work at all. If you look at the original code I posted it seems that "types.h" is supposed to be a local file, however, it is not included with the source code. Mike, if you could help me out on this one I would be very appreciative.

Jeremy