My Game!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Well guys, after 3 week of coding i finally finished my game a week before deadline. I was wondering if you guys would be my guinea pigs and test it out. Tell me if you have any issues with it and if you help me out i'll give you the source(which looks really bad and probibly shouldnt be looked at by anyone who read mr. mike's book)

Download here: savefile.com/files/7913487

Thanks for the help in making and testing this game, i couldnt have done/be doing it without you guys.

Edit:=if this one doesnt work then i dont know what will.
      .Code
      push you ; haha!

The post was edited 4 times, last by DarkPenguin ().

• I unfortunately cannot run it. When trying to run MoonSim.exe, it kicks back an error saying this:
      ---
      C:\moonsim\MoonSim.exe

This application failed to start because the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
      ---

My current system specs:
      Windows XP Professional
      AMD 2400+
      512 MB RAM
      GF4 4200, running DirectX 9.0c

I don't know much about Irrlicht, but is it possible that there's an exe/dll version mismatch (ie, release DLL/debug exe or debug DLL/release exe)?
    • Remember that XP dosn't allow you to store files in programms directory. Everything has to go in the

Documents And Settings\XpUserName\ect..

I don't know if this helps or not.

-Frank Cashio

Yes I'm a bad speller.
      So long and thanks for all the fish.
    • No it's because i was trying to compile with VS.NET 2k5 beta and it doesn't let you do anything with the executables unless they are on you rmachine.

How naive of me to think that Microsoft would let me do anything with free software.

the new download should work.
      .Code
      push you ; haha!
    • It runs now. The only thing I noticed was that when I look straight up while moving along, it's almost like I fall partially through the surface because I don't see the ground plane anymore, but it looks like the character is still trying to move (the screen jerks up and down a bit as if he was jumping along).
    • RE: My Game!

Alrighty - I got a fullscreen app running (it took a long time to load tho) - and I could look around and see a starfield, the sun straight up in the sky and the Earth. I could also see a moonscape.

When I pressed W or S, nothing seemed to happen....a little bouncing maybe.

F1 brought up help, no problem, and the game shut down OK when I pressed ESC.

I didn't see a character or anything, though.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot

not bad looking though i think the stars could be thinned out a bit

I did get an exception. do you have version, or there a way to get an event log. i'm not sure quite what i did but i got myself into a situation where all i could see was the stars and in the process or mousing i got a windows exception

What can i give ya that would help

Windows XP pro/ 2GB
      NVidia 6800 chip set 256 video mem
      User account (Non admin)

I think i came across something. If you hold 'W' while looking straight up, you keep walking upwards and at one point the moon disappears beneath you... permantly.

Is their a set max hight?

Sorry if this response is a little late, was gone for a while again.

Good looking program.
      Wort wort wort.

You have that fix up yet?

For me it starts to init, then leaves me at a black screen. I'm using an Elsa Gloria DCC (Nvidia GForce 2/3 sort of) with current drivers, fyi.
      "Your job is not to die for your country. Your job is to make some other poor sod die for his."