Network Programming

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Originally posted by FrankCashio
      -Frank Cahsio

I think you spelled your name wrong. hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Sorry.

I got it to run and compile with no special handling of packets.h or journal.h. This is strange, so I checked my entire hard drive(s) for a packets.h file. It found nothing. Same for journal.h.

So I see the line you cited in net.h, and I decided to search the entire codebase for "net.h". Nothing in the compiled portion of GameCode is doing a #include on net.h. (net.cpp is not a part of the project) In fact, net.cpp is also doing a #include on "journal.h", which does not exist on my hard drive(s).

This explains why I am not getting any compiler complaints about a missing packets.h file... because nothing in the code is compiling net.h or net.cpp. I even deleted the files net.h and net.cpp to see if I could still compile. I can.

So a new mystery arises: Why is net.h and net.cpp there if they are not being used, and why is your vc6 compiler trying to compile net.cpp if it is not included as part of the project?