Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• according what i've read the game ai is much improved. guards work together more seek cover better. do you see that or is it marketing BS?

I've got a little toy i'm building with the Torque engine were i'm trying to script out stuff like this

The post was edited 1 time, last by garbob ().

• I got the collector's edition with dev interviews... the lead A.I. programmer demonstrated the A.I. flanking Sam in a room with two doors. It was cool. I just started, so I didn't get a chance to really see the differences, but I don't think this is just marketing lip service. They actually employed a team of A.I. programmers, and they must have done something during that time... I hope.
    • RE: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

Ubisoft hit BIG with this game, it's almost overwhelming with the amount of things you can do in this game. I Picked it up on the 28th and i've been playing it sence.

1st Game: Ubisoft Montreal
      2nd Game: Ubisoft Shanghi
      Chaos Theory: Both? I know Montreal is entirly responsable for the Amazing Single player, along with the very cool Co-op; but i get the feeling that the Adversial was done by Shanghi.

What i love is you can go through the levels in SO many different ways. I've done the 3rd level, The Bank, 3 times now and i've done it differently each time.
      *First time i completed it: 16 enemys killed, 5 Incapasitated. 40 min. 2 Alarms Set off.
      *Second time I didn't kill Anyone. 17 Enemys Incapasitated, 30 min. 0 Alarms.
      *3rd time I went as fast as I could. 16 Enemys Killed, 2 Incapasitated, 12min 30sec. 0 Alarms.

Such a fun game with SO much replay. I havent really touched on the Adversial yet!
      Wort wort wort.
    • RE: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

I'm not sure as too which AI Enhancements were marketed... but compared to the first 2 game the AI is MUCH better. In the first games you could be completly conciled and the Enemys would see you in pitch darkness. With Chaos Theory it isn't that way anymore. Sometimes you are so well concieled that 2 guys can be talking and you can walk up behind one of them, take him hostage and the other one doesn't even know. So it's a little unrealistic maybe in that sence, but much less frustrating then previously.

I dont know if that answers your question or not.
      Wort wort wort.
    • In the sence of them seeking cover, they do well at that. If you kill one, the other puts down suppressing fire till he can get cover. You can blow out candels, if a patroling guard notices, he will walk over to it and relight it. If sneaking up on a guard, and you make too much noise, they will pull out a flare or a glowstick for lighting.
      Wort wort wort.