Katamari Damacy

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Katamari Damacy

Dude, I remember when I first played Tetris and I would start seeing falling blocks everywhere I look and my mind would not stop trying to rotate pieces to fit them into place...

Now, I am driving around and I see sticks coming out of the ground, and I just want to roll a katamari over those sticks to pick them up. When I see a lot of cars on the freeway, it just looks like the perfect situation for my katamari to roll over them.
    • RE: Katamari Damacy

Hahaha, you know, the day after I heard about the game (from Penny Arcade), my girl and I clean her parents' house, and discover a giant ball of hangers (like, clothing hangers). Trying to get that downstairs, with the little hooks grabbing everything it touches (including me), reminded me so much of that game, we almost just bought it for that. Then I realized I have no money.
      -Larrik Jaerico

www.LarrikJ.com
    • RE: Katamari Damacy

Man, I wish they will make an Xbox, or PC version. I would really love to play that game. I know I'm like the only one on this planet that doesn't have a PS2, but that's for another thread.

I would hate to see Katamari Damacy "Clones" coming out for other platforms. It's a original puzzle game that should be shared with other platforms.

I've been thinking how to design a game like this. It's a simple idea, but the logistics is a nightmare.
    • It truly is the spiritual successor to Pac-Man.

I wasn't expecting to like this game as much as I do as I consider myself pretty jaded at this age.

As for waiting for an Xbox version, I wouldn't hold my breath. Life is a lot easier if you own all major consoles. :) Sony is coming out with a slimmer version of their PS2 that might be cheaper, too.