Introduction

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Introduction

Hi!

I just wanted to poke my head in and introduce myself. I'm really new to a lot of this stuff, picked up Mr. Mike's book, even though I knew it would be way too advanced for me. I'm a hard worker and I'll get it eventually, though. Just keep in mind, y'all will probably be hearing a *lot* of "dumb" questions from me!

Thanks for the patience!
      Finding a Way,
      Looking for a Home,

Dixyn

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dixyn ().

• RE: Introduction

Let's just hope there aren't a lot of dumb answers! Given the two, I'll choose dumb questions all day long.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Hi,

I've been lurking around here for a while, popping up to ask the odd question here and there, but now it's time for a proper introduction.

I'm a Computer Science student currently finishing an MSc in Virtual Environments. I'm one of these annoying perfectionist people who get's bogged down in the details and researches far too much! "Early optimisation is the root of all evil" yup that's me all right!

At the moment I've set aside my "write the most elegant object oriented game engine ever designed(!)" project in favor of a little C++/OGL port of Eyezmaze's totally adictive flash game 'Tontie' (click that link at your peril!) which I intend to use as a framework for learning pixel and vertex shaders.

See you 'round.
      <Tony>{
    • RE: Introduction

"Mr. Mike's book, even though I knew it would be way too advanced for me."

Well, it is not that hard, even for me who is french speaking. I used my english/french dictionnary a couple of times though !!

I have finished to read it and now I am working on a simple jass game (card game).

I have a class derived from cProcess for the menus, one for the options and another for the game.

hope to finish by june.

stay tune