Check out Thief 3's new website!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Check out Thief 3's new website!

Check this out - Thief 3's Web Site

I still can't say anything about my contribution to the project, but looking at the web site makes me very happy....

If you like stealth games, go play this one when it comes out. I humbly submit it's the finest looking game on the Xbox - and seeing it run in hi-res on the PC is simply awesome.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Man, I remember those water arrows. They were fun. I think that was a unique game-play feature when I played the original. The other unique game-play was the sounds. The sounds you made and what the "enemy" made were intergraded into the game-play. No other game back then (or now for that matter) used sound like that. The new Thief your working on has a different look from what I seen from the screenshots. I wondering this version will have the same feel as Thief 2. I have to admit I only completed (I think) 5 levels in Thief 2. It was difficult to finish.

Man, I think you are really enjoying your new position. Good Job..

But, do you think is really going to ship this spring? Man, talking about pressure.

(I know I do not feel like working today)
    • Yeah - the press machine is really gearing up for T3. And Warren is technically my boss's boss, or perhaps my boss's boss's boss. I'm not sure....

Either way, Warren is certainly a friend - and that's more important.
      Mr.Mike
    • I was privledged to pester Warren at the 2002 GDC - seems like a great guy. It's easy to see why working around him would be relatively pleasant.

Anyway - with Mr. Spector and Mr. Mike on the job I'm sure T3 will be good.
      "Your job is not to die for your country. Your job is to make some other poor sod die for his."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nebuchadnezzar ().

• That's a kind thing to say, but you can't forget about the 50 other folks working their butts off for T3 right now (and mean right this very second, 7pm on a Friday night when all of their friends are out having a good time).

That and I'm just a Johnny come lately - a lot of these folks have been working on this game for years....
      Mr.Mike
    • Originally posted by mrmike
      That's a kind thing to say, but you can't forget about the 50 other folks working their butts off for T3 right now (and mean right this very second, 7pm on a Friday night when all of their friends are out having a good time).

That and I'm just a Johnny come lately - a lot of these folks have been working on this game for years....

Point well taken - team effort and all!

I've heard that many of the people on the project were on the first two (one or both). I was really disappointed to see LG go out like that. Great shop, that was, and plenty of talented people, too.

BTW - that "johnny-come-lately" remark reminds me of the Ultima Underworld remark Warren made....
      "Your job is not to die for your country. Your job is to make some other poor sod die for his."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Nebuchadnezzar ().