Sorry for the outage today...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Sorry for the outage today...

Hello Readers,

I apologize for the web site outage today. The website suffered a pretty severe attack - it filled up the database logs in a few hours and my hosting company shut down access to the site to give me some time to investigate and correct the vulnerability. A software upgrade and a database optimization seems to have cleared up the problem. The attackers will probably come back, so please be patient as I continue to plug holes.

This is, sadly, the modern day equivalent of neighborhood hoodlums spray painting the front windows of my candy store. All I could do is get out the bucket and wire brush and scrub things off, and wait until they come again.

So hey, programmers, and this comes from the heart, don't write malicious code! For those of you that do, I wish upon you an automatic and irrevocable installation of Windows ME onto every device you own.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • mrmike wrote:

For those of you that do, I wish upon you an automatic and irrevocable installation of Windows ME onto every device you own.

Ouch.... Windows ME is the Star Wars Christmas Special of operating systems.

-Rez
    • ​Star Wars Christmas Special

I thought I had finally forgot about this...the horror.
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz