Ogre 3d

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• ogre3d.org

Ogre3D is a MAC/PC SDK, and is fairly easy to install for use. Installed it, compiled some samples, looks and runs great on my machine.
      This 3D engine has been in production for some time and to me it shows great promise. These guys really know their stuff, and their project has come a long way. I haven't had time to mess around with it myself BUT the screen shots of what other people have done speak volumes.

Check it out. Get it while its still free ;)
    • I agree to an extent about GPL. GPL/LGPL is great for the open source community (for whom it was basically designed for), but in my not-so-professional opinion, it's not the best choice if you want to make some free (money-wise) software, distribute it (with or without source), and not have to worry about someone later ripping it and claiming it as their own. I've taken a look at a few other licenses, and it seems to me that either the BSD or the MIT would be slightly better suited.