GDC Pass Recomendation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GDC Pass Recomendation

For the GDC passes I'm mainly looking at the Main Conference, Summit/Bootcamp, and the Expo pass (mainly because it would save a lot of money). The first year I went (2013) I got the MC pass because I wanted a more full experience and to check things out. I enjoyed the different sessions (especially the AI Roundtables). This year I am leaning towards the Summit pass as I am curious about some of the AI Summit sessions (the main drawback of this of course being that I wouldn't be able to attend the AI Roundtables).

The main reasons I am attending is to network, learn some new things, and to enhance my passions for this field (after my first GDC I left with a renewed desire to be a game programmer). Ideally I'd love to spend time in the Career Pavilion area and get a job offer, but that's more an extra goal than a primary reason to be going.

For those GDC pros, any pass recommendation (especially if you have done the summits)?
    • The summits are great for specialized information, like AI or story. I don't know if it will get you into the career pavilion or expo. Most people just get the main conference pass, so if your biggest goal is networking, you will want to get a pass that allows you to attend the main conference.

Personally, I would say go for the main conference pass.

-Rez