PyHope Engine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• PyHope Engine

Hey all, following is a link to the game engine I've been working on. It's based heavily on the engine presented in the book and site so I figured I'd share it's current state (though it still needs a lot of work). It's a basic 2D engine based on python and pygame (and some other 3rd party libraries). I plan to make a quick game (probably just pong) to use as a tutorial in the coming week or so. Anyways, here's the link: github.com/Trinak/PyHopeEngine

It currently features:
      -actor system
      -audio
      -event management
      -views
      -scene/scene nodes
      -networking (unplugged at the moment, needs to be reworked some)
      -physics
      -basic GUI elements

Feel free to leave any comments, questions, or criticism.
    • I don't particularly enjoy python so I didn't test anything, but it looks like a cool project, nice and clean (for python). Looking forward to seeing what you make with this.
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    • Thanks mholley.

Most of the features are basic (hence the little code), though being written in python and on top of other libraries did help. I mainly built the engine to help understand game engines a little better (its amazing how much more I get out of something by doing it than just reading it), but plan to use it to make some basic games.