Remote Event 'Feedback'

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Remote Event Feedback Loop

Hi,
      I have been poring over the GCC4/TeapotWars networking code and I noticed something that could be a problem: In a multiplayer networked configuration, suppose the server fires an event that is handled by its NetworkEventForwarder, which is then received and fired by the client's RemoteEventSocket, handled by the client's NetworkEventForwarder, and received and re-fired by the server's RemoteEventSocket, causing the process to repeat.

The PhysCollision and Fire_Weapon events are handled by both client and server NetworkEventForwarders, so I would expect this to happen when those events are fired. (I have been having trouble debugging a networked game, so I can't verify this yet...)

Can anyone confirm this behavior or explain how it is avoided?

Thanks!

Update: I verified this for the event EvtData_Environment_Loaded, which should only be fired once or twice in a 2 player game. I think the fix would be to have the RemoteEventSocket 'deafen' any NetworkEventForwarders when it is firing its events....

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tengato ().