Where's Rez?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where's Rez?

Hey guys,

I've been much more absent lately from the forums than I typically am. There are several reasons for that, mostly related to crunching on The Sims 4, theater, and teaching (if you want more details, feel free to ask).

I'm going to try and get to all the questions this weekend, but I don't want to half-ass anything. I just wanted to let you guys know that my posts might be coming more slowly than the 24-48 hour turnaround that I'm usually able to do.

-Rez
    • PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz

The post was edited 1 time, last by mholley519 ().

• RE: Where's Rez?

Curiosity is good. :)

I teach game programming at the Academy of Art here in San Francisco.

-Rez
    • I've been teaching professionally for nearly a year, though I've been mentoring students and other game dev hopefuls for around 3 years. It's very rewarding, though it does soak up a lot of time.

-Rez
    • Hi Rez,

Can you share a bit about the topics/lessons you teach at the school? I just started teaching in my local university here in the Philippines early this year and i'm currently teaching 3 different game development related courses and 2 more in the next semester. 3 of them are game programming related courses which are (introduction to) 2d game programming, game production and 3d game programming. The first two, i teach them using C++ and a low level graphics api like GDI then move on to some advanced programming topics, architectures and design patterns. for the 3d game programming i'm not so sure if i should still stick to low level programming or switch to a 3rd party commercial engine like Unity. Due to time and financial constraints and this is not really their major, i'm probably going towards more using an engine. I'm teaching computer science students and these gd courses are just electives. but i'm just curious about your opinion if you were in a similar situation.

• I just started teaching in my local university here in the Philippines early this year and i'm currently teaching 3 different game development related courses and 2 more in the next semester. 3 of them are game programming related courses which are (introduction to) 2d game programming, game production and 3d game programming. The first two, i teach them using C++ and a low level graphics api like GDI then move on to some advanced programming topics, architectures and design patterns.

Jeez, I sure wish there would exist some courses like that at our University :(
      I'm currently thinking about a core lecture about Computer Graphics next semester.
      But even if it sometimes appeals to me to do 3d programming,
      I surely don't wanna be a graphics programmer.

Can you share a bit about the topics/lessons you teach at the school?

That would be great :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dendra ().