Engine Class Relationships

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Engine Class Relationships

As I'm more of a visual/hands on learner I decided to create a diagram of the class relationships of the GCC4 engine. It's not UML standard or anything pretty, but it worked for me. Figured I'd share it in case it helps anyone else.

Some notes:
      - Its not that pretty (especially at the lower resolution so I could post it). If anyone would like a better copy or the original visio file just pm me your email and I'll send it.

- The "comp" in the arrows stands for component.

- I tried to keep the organization similar to the architecture presented in the book and its layout (Game Application, Game Logic, and Game View).

- The octagons represent classes. The circles represent lists, maps, ect or a typedef of a pointer. In the circles it says what the container is, what it holds, and then in quotations what it's name is. The triangle at the top is for classes that have a global variable.
      Files

The post was edited 1 time, last by Trinak ().

• RE: Engine Class Relationships

Thanks for posting this - I'm just curious did you use a Visio plugin to generate this diagram or did you do it by hand?
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • RE: Engine Class Relationships

Wow - that was a real effort on your part. Thanks for putting that together!
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot