trying to run teapot wars on windows 8

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• trying to run teapot wars on windows 8

I am trying to get teapot wars to work on windows 8 with VS 2012 Express and I can compile the game but when I try to debug it I get "Unhandled exception at 0x7796AA3C (ntdll.dll) in TeapotWars_2010Win32Debug.exe: 0xC0000374: A heap has been corrupted (parameters: 0x7797FE38)." and if I press continue the game will load but I cannot start a game only use the player number slide bars and exit the game. I am not sure what is going on here I set up the working directory I am using the windows 8 3rd party libs from the download page one thing I am wondering about is it wouldn't compile with the afxres.h and I saw that that's because VS express doesn't support afxres.h and you need to change it to windows.h so I did could that be the problem or am I just doing something really stupid..and sorry for the bad writing
    • The unhandled exception at (ntdll.dll) is most likely because the game is trying to load an item out of the project resources, but the resource is not defined.

It's most likely occuring in TeapotWars.cpp in the VGetIcon method, when it tries to access IDI_ICON1 our of the resource set.
    • I am having the same problem. I traced the exception to this line in the function BulletPhysics::VInitialize() in Physics.cpp at this line:
      m_broadphase = GCC_NEW btDbvtBroadphase();
      I may be wrong, but I think that this is where it is crashing. I'll post again if I find out how to fix it.

I am running VS2012 Express for Windows 7 and I changed "afxres.h" to "windows.h" too, by the way
    • @ks64dev do you have a stack trace to post? That would confirm your theory of where it is crashing, and perhaps why it is crashing.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot