I'm back!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey there everyone!

I'm back safe and sound, and a bit transformed actually, from Bali. It's a long way away from home in not only physical space, but spiritual as well, in the best of ways.

Truly a wonderful place, with wonderful people.
      Files
      • bali.jpg

(20.47 kB, downloaded 608 times, last: )
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Welcome back Mike, I kept up on your vacation pictures on facebook looks like you had a great time, any particular architecture or locations you enjoyed most?
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    • Some of my favorite bits of the trip:
      • Being with my dear friends in amazing places.
      • Lighting incense at a temple in Taiwan - thinking of my travelling companions.
      • Seeing the stars, for real, during Bali's Nyepi Day where every light on the island is turned off by law.
      • Diving the wreck of the USS Liberty and watching my friends take the best first salt water dive you could ever have
      • Getting two monkeys on my shoulder playing with the beads on my shirt.
      • Experiencing the parades before Nyepi Day in Bali - think of a combination of Mardi Gras, New Years, and Halloween all in one.
      • Going from stall to stall at a night market in Taipei City, gorging on tasty treats.
      • Learning a few prhrases in Indonesian and Mandarin.
      • Getting to know people who are pretty much unaware of the Northern Hemisphere and the madness that goes on here.
      • Sitting with my friends watching a gentle rain fall all afternoon.
      • Learning how the Balinese pray from a Hindu priest.
      • Screaming "No Problem!!!!" as our driver passed large trucks on a small, winding mountain road
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Haha that sounds great, I have never really been anywhere outside of Canada besides the Florida air port and Haiti, it would be nice to some day go to Europe to see Rome or other roman cities like Paris or even England, I never thought about Asia though. Maybe someday when my kids are older.
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz