Pinned Help Me Help Some Good Kids....

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Help Me Help Some Good Kids....

Hello from me, and my wife Robin McShaffry!

(Who you all owe a bit, because she let me write the 4th edition!)

Robin and I put effort every year about this time spreading the word about an organization that is very special to us both, Big Brothers Big Sisters.

When I was around seven years old I was enrolled in the program (as a "Little"), and was paired with a TCU student, Al Suarez. Al spent a little time with me every week - taking me to eat pizza, or on bike rides, or on tours at the University. His mentorship solidified my love of bicycles, computers, and volunteering - all of which have become a big part of my life.

For years, Robin and I have worked with Big Brothers Big Sisters as fundraisers and I'm happy to say that we were even recognized by the BBBS Board of Directors for our efforts. But, as cool as that was, it pales in comparison to our new responsibilities. This year we became a "Big Couple" mentoring Tony, a 12-yr old young man from East Austin. He's interested in sports, video games, movies, and we found out, cars. No, the car isn't his. At least, not yet!

[IMG:http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/312476_10151294450141025_2080670063_n.jpg]

Tony has some big challenges this year, and Robin and I are glad to be "Bigs" for him. Youll no doubt see the occasional Facebook post about our weekly adventures, and documenting his growth from a teenager into a young man ready for the world.

You may not have the kind of time that my Big, Al Suarez, devoted or what Robin and I signed up for - but hopefully you can see your way to donate $25 or $50 to this truly fantastic organization. It takes $1,250 annually to fund the sponsorship for just one young person in the program, and Robin and I would like to ask for your help in raising enough funds to sponsor two kids in the program, or $2,500. The fundraising starts now, and ends on Friday March 1st, 2013 at the Bowl for Kid's Sake Event.

Please give what you can, and if you are interested in becoming more involved, please don't hesitate to ask.

Just click on the banner below to help!

[IMG:http://c0394391.cdn2.cloudfiles.rackspacecloud.com/1351963029.jpg]
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Thanks for donating!

Just click on the banner above and click the "Donate" button on the page. Or, click this link: my.bowlforkidsaustin.org/checkout/donation?fcid=216176
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot