So, I was thinking..... about glitches!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• So, I was thinking..... about glitches!

I was playing MW3 Multiplayer today and was wondering about the glitches that became popular in the franchise, like, having infinite packages or leveling up faster in prestige mode.

How did these glitches become known, I mean, the programmers had to know about them right? And if they did, why would they let them go through? And also why would THEY make them of public knowledge?

I guess maybe I might have had too much caffeine today!
      Intel i7 3930k
      8GB Mushkin LP @ 2133 mhz
      GTX 680
      Asus Rampage IV Extreme
      Corsair 650w
    • Major exploits are often not known. A typical QA team might comprise of 20 - 50 people. Once the game ships, you now have hundreds of thousands of people testing the game, so QA can't find everything. They become public knowledge because players post youtube videos about them.

Bugs always slip through, usually by being marked as "Known Shippable". These are usually minor bugs; major exploits are set as blockers.

-Rez
    • I guess what made me think that the programmers had something to do was the fact that in order to do this "tricks", one would have to go through many odd steps that seem impossible to find by coincidence.
      Intel i7 3930k
      GTX 680
      Asus Rampage IV Extreme
      Corsair 650w
    • It really depends on what you're talking about. Do you have an example? Some "glitches" are really easter eggs inserted on purpose.

-Rez
    • There was this glitch(or exploit, I guess!) in MW2 where if you had a care-package you could get an extra one by following a couple of steps.

While holding L2, press R2 to release your care package then let L2 go to continue having a care package in your arsenal as if you never used it.

PS. This is on the PS3, and it went something like that...
      Intel i7 3930k
      GTX 680
      Asus Rampage IV Extreme
      Corsair 650w
    • The best glitch I have ever experienced, is in Super Mario All Stars for the SNES, which is the version that had all of the NES and SNES mario games except for the yoshi ones.

We had a 3rd party controller which allowed for turbo mode, and I remember one day while playing dropping the controller and having it smack against the edge of our coffee table, from that point on, whenever we pressed select mario would change between the different forms in Mario 3.

Looking back on it now I wonder if I somehow unlocked a 'Dev' mode that they used in the controller, how this happened from the controller getting hit, I don't know.
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz