Editor Questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Editor Questions

Hi Everyone,

Ive been jumping around a bit with the book, and have been trying to wrap my head around many of the different topics.

Somewhere that I felt would be a great place to tinker and get a better understanding of how everything interacts is the editor. I've read the chapter that discusses the premise behind it, but I feel like I'm missing a few things when trying to use it.

Mostly I'm not sure if some of the features are working(due to an error on my part), or if some have been created but not fully implemented. The best I can do is load one of the pre-existing maps, but I'm still lost as to how to edit a map/level. Again, I understand creating something as big as an editor is a huge task, but since it was built from the programming perspective and not a finished intuitive product(like a unity or unreal), I guess it has me a bit stumped.

If anyone can point me in the right direction my overall goal would be to create a level with the existing assets, and save and edit them.

Thanks everyone!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fuzzybritchiz ().