Some questions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Some questions

So I need to ask:
      The book shows AI implementation and Bullet physics implementation.

Can I use the same technique that was used in the book to make bullet work for say...a 3D walking male character?

Also,is the AI explained good enough so I'll know how to make a model follow you wherever you go?
    • RE: Some questions

Originally posted by noatom
      So I need to ask:
      The book shows AI implementation and Bullet physics implementation.

Can I use the same technique that was used in the book to make bullet work for say...a 3D walking male character?

Sort of. You will definitely be able to have a physical object moving in the world (the sample code demonstrates this with a teapot). We don't get too deep into 3D animation since it's a huge subject, but there a number of resources online if you're interested in animation programming.

Also,is the AI explained good enough so I'll know how to make a model follow you wherever you go?

Yes, although you don't need any AI to do that. AI is about decision making and modeling behavior. What you're describing is just a simple following algorithm. You can figure this out by studying the AttackState class, which follows the player until it gets close enough to attack.

-Rez