The Adventure Begins

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The Adventure Begins

My book finally arrived. It has been a while since I was excited about a book. The information I have received directly and indirectly through this site has me excited about what I am planning to accomplish.

I will initially be using a really old Dell 9100. But around Xmas I will be getting something current, like a Dell all-in-one 27 inch or an Alienware, something with an NVIDIA card as I also want do CUDA programming.

In addition to the book I plan to use the forum as a source of information.

To be continued ...
    • RE: The Adventure Begins

Welcome to the forums! Good luck in your adventure, and let us know if you have any questions. We're always happy to help. :)

-Rez
    • People say the alienwares are over priced, I have one and you know what, It is absolutely as good as they make them out to be, they are durable, reliable and they can run anything I throw at it at the highest settings, if you can shell out the money they are worth it (there are alternatives as well)
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    • RE: The Adventure Begins

May the wind be at your back!

(A part of an old Irish blessing...)
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • Just in case anyone needs motivation given how little sleep we get. Use the "Click here to start download from sendspace" link.

Also available in stutter-step mode at utube:

Halo 4_ 1a.mp4, (277.3 MB):

sendspace.com/file/kzdbch

Halo 4_ 1b.mp4 (132.1 MB):

sendspace.com/file/frs3x5

Halo 4_ 2.mp4, (298.3 MB):

sendspace.com/file/o12jij

Halo 4_ 3.mp4, (295.4 MB):

sendspace.com/file/evmvhq

Halo 4_ 4.mp4 (253.7 MB):

sendspace.com/file/5c82j4

Halo 4_ 5.mp4 (270.8 MB: