GI Courses

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hey Guys,

I don't know if I am allowed to post this here, so feel free to delete it if I am not. Before getting the GCC book I was ( and still am) enrolled with the Game Institute , I found that although there courses on 3D Graphics, Modeling, even basic C++ were great, they lacked out on the rest of a game. So being left with a few cool 3D demos and some different graphics tricks up my sleeve, I felt to go another direction and was recommended this book by a friend from the GI.

Since Winter they have been offering their "Game Developer Package", this includes

- C++ and Win32 (2 Courses)
      - Direct3D (2 Courses) + add on courses
      - AI Programming
      - Game Math
      - 3D Modeling ( 2 Courses)
      - Character Design and Animation
      - Texturing
      - Introduction to Robotics
      - Video Game Console Design
      - And a ton of resources

They just overhauled there entire system and have a really good online class interface, also you will receive there new "Carbon" Engine which looks impressive (However I like the challenge of making my own)

All this is for $99 for the material, this comes without any live instructor classes, or books/DVDs however everything is online ready to download.

I highly recommend this site, for even the instructor support alone.
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    • Well, not really completed Student 'Projects' but for a while they were having Game Challenges, where in a certain amount of time you had to complete a task related to Game Development, some were small but complete games.
      PC - Custom Built

Laptop - Alienware M17x
    • I second mholley519's suggestion.

I think Luna is the course instructor for the C++ course in GI. In fact, some of the guys in GI helped out in making Luna's DX11 book. GI is very very good and i cannot express how insanely detailed their courses are. Its also nice that they have examples at the end of every lessons.

The only thing i don't like about GI is that its so ridiculously detailed that the course materials can be a bit dry.(I sometimes get bored and fall asleep from reading :P) So you really need to set some time aside to learn their materials.
    • I stopped mainly because I wasn't very interested in Direct3D , It works great, but as a dedicated Linux lover....who for some reason (Probably GCC) am running Windows 7 to be compatible, I want to be able to contribute to the Linux Gaming scene, oh, and I hate programming Win32.

The C++ course is really good though, as well as the Direct3D courses, they include a ton of 3D theory which goes beyond the 3D API differences. There new courses are aimed to be like modules, for instance every once in a while I get an email saying "Your Direct3D course now has the Module: HLSL Shaders" Or something
      PC - Custom Built

Laptop - Alienware M17x
    • Yeah I find those courses to be very good and detailed and for 99$ you get alot of stuff. They even give a way a whole 3d engine with toolbox and source code which will be released soon. And are working on some knew courses like a racing game and a RPG game.

I didn't regret spending those 99$ and already learned alot about c++ through their textbooks.