Where's MrMike?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where's MrMike?

You'll notice that starting on Wednesday, I'll stop posting and answering questions, leaving my partner in crime Rez to support you.

But worry not! This is just a temporary thing, as I'm going on vacation for a week.

Yes, vacation. It's been a long time in coming, and I'm looking forward to unplugging and getting some serious relaxation going.

Until I get back, I leave you all in Rez's extremely capable hands.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • I'm back!

My vacation was great - but exhausting at the same time. Here are some stats:

1. 2,500 attendees.
      2. Five days in the Texas heat. Four nights of parties, dancing, watching shows, looking at art projects, meeting new friends, and catching up with old ones.
      3. Sixteen hours of volunteering
      4. In our theme camp:
      a. Fifteen gallons of home brew consumed (awesome!)
      b. $130 of ice melted.
      c. 250 gallons of water used.
      d. Fourteen pounds of bacon consumed.
      e. Impossible to really know, but thousands of flies killed. We call it "Fly-ma-geddon."

It was awesome. Now comes the laundry!
      Mr.Mike
    • If you ever make it out to Burning Man, you get all that minus the flies. Nothing lives in that part of the Nevada desert (and with good reason).

-Rez
    • Yeah - but the way I see it, the effort you put in to a vacation results in a more intense experience, and memories that you carry with you. Sometimes I'll just chill out too, but boy last week wasn't that!
      Mr.Mike
    • Originally posted by mrmike
      Yeah - but the way I see it, the effort you put in to a vacation results in a more intense experience, and memories that you carry with you. Sometimes I'll just chill out too, but boy last week wasn't that!

and what stops you from doing it on normal days? i had the most fun of my life when i didn't plan ahed and it was just normal days turned ridiculus.
      but when i take a vacation i leave life for a couple of days and just relax and enjoy the silence.

but in the end what matters is that you had a good time. it doesn't matter how, just matters how you feel about it :)
    • Originally posted by Dash213
      call me antisocial, but when i take vacation i like to sit at home and do nothing.
      vacation is about having less stuff on you're head, not more! people work harder on vacations then on work days, i always find that funny :P

I believe a persons vacation choice largly has to do with whether they are an introvert or an extrovert (not sure if I even spelled those right). But basically, when an introvert needs to recover, he's better off staying home and relaxing. An extrovert on the other hand recovers by going out and hanging with people (partying! :D ).

I personally find that I lean towards the introvert side of the spectrum, or maybe somewhere in the middle.