Where to buy the Ebook of the new edition?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Where to buy the Ebook of the new edition?

Hi!

I am from Argentina and I have the previous editions of this book (in paper).
      Now with my new Sony E-Reader, I want to get my hands on the "e-book" version of this gem.... but sadly, I cannot find it anywhere... not even in Amazon.
      Does anyone know where I can buy it?
      I've only found it on Barnes & Noble, but they will not sell it to a non-US Address... :(

Thanks!

The post was edited 3 times, last by Generalisimo ().

• I honestly have no idea, the publisher doesn't really tell us where the book is. I'll see if I can find out from them.

-Rez
    • Here you go, Google is your friend

Ebook
      PC - Custom Built
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 3770 3.4Ghz
      GPU: ATI Radeon HD 7959 3GB
      RAM: 16GB

Laptop - Alienware M17x
      CPU: 3rd Gen. Intel i7 - Ivy Bridge
      GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M - 2GB GDDR5
      RAM: 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 @ 1600mhz
    • No problem I am glad to help, enjoy
      PC - Custom Built

Laptop - Alienware M17x
    • Wow. The price is shocking - I mean, it's not really shocking for the actual book because it's excellent but the eBook is a total ripoff...the printed copy is actually available from amazon UK for almost 8GBP cheaper than the ebook...

Edit: The Book Depository has it for about 17 GBP cheaper than the ebook as well and free delivery too.

The post was edited 1 time, last by beegeedee ().

• With him living in South America, I imagine the Ebook is a money saver as far as shipping goes
      PC - Custom Built

Laptop - Alienware M17x
    • Originally posted by Azkron
      I have already bought the book but I will like to know if there is any way of getting it in PDF format as I am more use to study with PDF.

Or maybe the only way will be to buy the Ebook and convert it into PDF?

The linked ebook from ebooks.com is also available as a PDF.

The only publisher I'm aware of, where you also get the ebook for free with the printed version is manning.

Turing.
    • I'll send an inquiry into the publisher to find out why the eBook is so expensive. It's a shame to kill trees just for the sake of your budget.
      Mr.Mike
      Author, Programmer, Brewer, Patriot
    • It seems like digital sales stores haven't quite figured out how to sell stuff yet. Seriously, I got a PS Vita with the intention of going fully digital. Lets ignore the fact that their proprietary memory format is way overpriced ($100 for 32 gb...), but why would I buy a digital copy of a game for full price, when I could go on Amazon and get the hard copy for $10 cheaper, plus I get free shipping through Amazon prime.

Case in point the Uncharted Vita game is still full price for the digital version ($45) whereas I can get it on Amazon for $35, and i've seen it lower than that.

It seems like Steam is the only digital distributor that has figured out how to play the game.

BTW, i'm pretty sure I paid $35-$40 on amazon for GCC 4th edition. :D
    • The price of the eBook does seem to be $60. I just don't think that's a marketable price given the real thing is about $40. I'll let you know when I hear from the publisher on the matter.
      Mr.Mike
    • Not as of yet - but these things can take some time. I'll ping my contact again.
      Mr.Mike
    • I just heard from the publisher. They can offer suggested retail prices for their books and eBooks, but each retail outlet can prices however they choose. That is one of the reasons Amazon offers discounts, because they are free to do so.

I'd suggest contacting the eBook retailer directly and let them know that their current pricing model is costing them sales - after all the best way to affect any business is to communicate to them as a potential paying customer.
      Mr.Mike