Libraries problem with TeapotWarsD.exe

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Libraries problem with TeapotWarsD.exe

Hi, guys. My name's Joseph. I've started going through Mr. McShaffrey's book, and have met an impasse in building the source code.

I grabbed the v3.0 source-code from its Google Code repository, added VC++ include and library directories, and managed to get all the projects to compile. I extracted 3rdParty_2010 into the 3rdParty folder.

However, when running teapotwarsd.exe, the program immediately crashes with

"The program '[2656] TeapotWarsd.exe: Native' has exited with code -1072365566 (0xc0150002)."

Using Dependency Walker, I have found three unresolved dependencies:

MSVCR80D.DLL in LUAPLUSD_1100.DLL
      CRTDLL.DLL in ZLIB.DLL
      IESHIMS.DLL from SHELL32.DLL

I could grab the LuaPlus code and compile it myself. But that wouldn't help with the other two dependencies. I'm uncertain as to what I am doing wrong.

Could you help so I could continue with Mr. Mcshaffrey's great book?
    • RE: Libraries problem with TeapotWarsD.exe

Hmm, I haven't seen anyone report this particular error before. Does release mode work?

My guess is that the versions of the CRT are not compatible. Which version of Visual Studio are you using? I wonder if you have to install the Visual Studio 2005 redistributable since those DLL's were built with 2005. You can grab that from Microsoft's website.

-Rez

Thanks for your reply. I'm using Visual Studio 2010 and have the 2005 redistributable installed.

I tried release mode and Teapotwars actually did run, although when I tried to go to full screen the game crashed (with a message saying the Direct3D device reference count was nonzero).

I had an issue with running the release mode editor, but fixed it by adding the bin directory to the project as a reference path.

For EditorApp2010, having "enable unmanaged code debugging" checked prevents running of the program with the message

"Mixed mode debugging of x64 processes is not supported when using Microsoft .NET framework versions earlier than 4.0".

The post was edited 3 times, last by OriginalJoeCool ().

I think fixing the debug mode stuff will require you to recompile zlib and LuaPlus.

For the editor, it sounds like you have a 64-bit computer. The problem is that you're running a 64-bit editor trying to talk to a 32-bit executable. That makes it unhappy.

You should actually be able to set breakpoints even in release mode since, if I recall, we set it up for edit-and-continue and built with symbols.

-Rez