Weird build problems - D3DX10

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Weird build problems - D3DX10

Hi guys,

I got some serious problems with the build process of GCC3 (grabbed from SVN + 3rd party). Hope you can help me solve this. Is there already a ready-to-go solution for VS2010?

I used VS2010 several times (completing DX11 samples and tutorials), but I run into massive problems with compiling GCC3.

At first the dx3d9.h wasnt found, but got this solved by changing the VC++ Directory of the DXUT10 project (the environment variable wasn't working in this one).

The actual problem:

Error 1 error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'D3DX10_IMAGE_LOAD_INFO'
      Error 2 error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'ID3DX10Font'
      Error 3 error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'ID3DX10Font'
      Error 4 error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'ID3DX10Font'
      D3DX10_***

All header files are included and found by VS.
      I tested this on two machines (one fresh installment of Win7 >> VS2010 >> DX SDK (June 2010)), but the same problems at both.

Hope you guys can help me out.

Greetings,
      KneXX6

PS.: Ignore my horrible english please :baby:

The post was edited 1 time, last by KneXX6 ().

• RE: Weird build problems - D3DX10

It looks like you're trying to include DirectX 10 stuff, which won't work at all. The engine was developed for DirectX 9 and the API's are completely different.

If the compiler can't find d3dx9.h, it likely means the VS2010 directories aren't set up to point to your DirectX installation directory. This is one of the core DirectX 9 headers.

-Rez