Scripting Language and XNA

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Scripting Language and XNA

I'm currently trying to implement the tech in the book using XNA. I am trying to find an implementation of LUA for XNA. Unfortuantely I havent really found anything. I would like to know your thoughts on weather or not implementing a scripting language would be necessary using XNA? Personally, I see the benefit but I would just like to hear some other opinions as I am very new to writing games..

The post was edited 1 time, last by superkent ().

• Scripting and XNA

I personally use XNA Game Studio versions 3.1 and 4.0 with their respective Visual Studio versions, and I have seen no need or ability to implement a scripting language. XNA is fairly complete by itself, especially in combination with the latest DirectX SDK. It may be possible, but I have never seen it done or heard of anyone else doing it. I have all the books on XNA and can't remember having seen it even mentioned. That's just my own experience. If you do get a scripting language implemented on XNA, I would be very interested in knowing how it was done.
    • If you download LuaPlus you'll find that there is a project for managed lua in the src folder. The problem with it is that its managed c++ so it may not work for the xbox.

Another language that I came across that seems interesting is OMeta#, don't know if it'll be any good though.

The post was edited 1 time, last by bad habit ().